“A baby suspended in a wire cage attached to the outside of a high tenement block window. The cages were distributed to members of the Chelsea Baby Club in London who have no gardens” - 1937 via retronaut
This picture caught my eye (you can’t tell me it didn’t catch yours too)….When I lived in London, I had an acutual garden that was actually about this big and my girl was actually about this size at the time….but thankfully mine had stone walls and was ground level. Can you imagine?
Speaking of baby stuff, I have spent the day (actually the last many weeks) preparing and clearing out our attic, basement and barn in preparation for stocking at a booth at the annual Flea Market in my town. The truck is loaded and I am ready to go. If you are in the area….maybe you want a baby seat or two? or perhaps something from a selection of lamps…an old serger sewing machine? maybe a rocking horse? an old drawing board?….see you there tomorrow morning (hoping for good weather!).
Here are a few links for your weekend reading!
- This is the best De-cluttering article I’ve read.
- Wire, shampoo bottles, straws, ribbons and more – transformed.
- I need a wall for this — thinking in the barn (once it is all clean and cozy-fied)
- By the looks of this, San Miguel Mexico needs to be added to my ‘some day’ travel list.
- Landscape Architect Travel Guide? Can’t wait til it comes to a city near me!
- Bedazzled Bugs
- What an awesome word!